Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Higher Mountains (Peru pt. 3)

       The next day we took it easy.  At one point my Dad went to change some money, and on his return he seemed different.  He quietly entered the room and sat on his bed.  Hands together, elbows on his knees, he leaned forward and said that God had been talking to him.
      What?  This wasn't something I heard everyday from my Dad, or really hardly ever.  I flipped of the Spanish version of Friends and asked him what God had been saying.  Tears filled the corners of his eyes.  "God told me that I've been carrying too heavy of burdens, and if I hand them over to God, then the left of my life will be easier and He will show me more beautiful mountains than Peru or I could ever imagine.  God's provision are already in place and all I need to do is slow down as His provisions go in front of me and await me."  Now, tears filled my eyes.  "I think you should listen Dad."

No comments:

Post a Comment