Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Sunday, August 16, 2009

hey dizzles,

The last two days have been pretty chill. Yesterday we went a just walked Rome for the majority of the Day. We saw a big ole castle and stuffed ourselves on pizza. The Trevi Fountain was also on the agenda so we stopped by and took some pics of that... (honestly, it looked like something that belonged in Vegas, but considering it was designed in the 1630's, its a mountain of impressiveness. Oh, and we stopped by the spanish steps. Lame. (Except for the nearby pirate looking ship with portholes that everyone filled their waters with.)

Last night we had fettucini Alfredo (a rare dish here) and pineapples for desert (a delicacy of sorts.) YUMMY!

Today we traveled to Pompei and Naples (but we're going to skip talking about Naples, becuase I don't want to come across rude.) Pompei was awesome though. Its a huge huge, brilliantly preserved archeological site, and it has a great view. It's just mind-boggling to walk around streets and buildings that could be up to 2500 years old. Also if you remember your history, people died pretty much instantly too. So, they have casts of their bodies... rrrreeeaaaaallllllllllyyyy weird.

Idk... I'm going to keep this post short, I'm kinda tired of typing already and people are waiting. So ciao!

drew

P.S. I began reading the book Crazy Love today. Please pray that GOD can use it to refresh my soul and sharpen my focus. Josh and I are on a unique mission field, and its hard to remember to seek, or even at least grab opportunities (especially when they hit you in the face and you're scared.) Pray that we walk as we should. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Cuz, in case you didn't know...I have a weird obsession with Pompeii...like ever since 2nd grade when our teacher read us a book about it. So I'm going to need to see some of those pics fo sho. Thanks for the update...Love you and praying! Cal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pompeii is a really cool place...I liked the little stepping stones they would use to cross the street.

    Glad you guys are enjoying your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dudde naples is HIDEOUS> good talk.
    glad ur safe and exploring the world.
    i miss u brother.
    live wildly for Jesus, there is no other way, man up and stay in his word and pray!!!!!!!
    i just bought crazy love the other day.
    i love u brother
    xxxx
    aussie brother bollom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poo. I was going to give you Crazy Love on audiobook and totally forgot. FAIL. At least you still get to read it! You'll have to let me know what you think!! And my main intent in posting was actually to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY friend!! If my darn dentist appointment had not been scheduled today, I could have flown back on over to Europe for a quick birthday visit :) I'll def be praying for you in reference to that book too.. I think you will like/find a challenge out of what the author has to say.. Happy travels =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do pray that Crazy Love refreshes you and impacts you. It made a huge impact on my life and has messed with me sense.

    I'm so excited about all you guys are doing. Like I told Josh, I can't wait to talk about it all with you face to face.

    Oh, and happy b-day. Here in the states, it still is your birthday, but probably where you are it's over. Hope you had a great day. How could you not?

    ReplyDelete