Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Please don't stop the music... or traveling... or suicide pace.

So.... lets recap the last 4 days.

I woke up thursday morning drowsy (probably due to the steroids wrecking havoc on my body in the name of vanquishing my poison Ivy that I contracted on the last day and a half of camp.) and began packing. After a stressfree :) couple hours my mom and dad took me to the airport and said goodbye. It was sad, but not too sad, because it didn't seem real.

Josh and I flew to Atlanta, and then to Heathrow, followed by the underground across london to the train station. We then joyfully/angrily dropped off our extra bags at storage for an arm and a nostril.

We Rode the superfast bullet train to Brussels (It was really cool actually.)

We arrived at 8:00 in Brussels and walked across the entire city, through a carnival, some parks, a sweet palace of justice, and a couple thousand people having a drunken dance party, and before arriving... thanks to a nice pity-filled belgium lady... at our hostel! We ended the night with a walk to the time square, an excited sighting of the MANNEKIN PIS (josh was not nearly as impressed), and delicious chocolate covered belgium waffles!

Saturday I woke up excited. It didn't matter that I smelled, or that our roommate came in quite inebriated (and later conducted a brilliant snoring symphony that I attended... free of charge!)
I was doing it. I was backpacking Europe with a friend, and ultimate freedom was mine.... boooohahahaha (evil/realizing-dreams/childish-joy-filled laugh.) We took lots of pictures of cool, gold old things and then left for Amsterdam.

Amsterdam was pretty awesome. We met up with my cousin Calley and my friend Liz and rented bikes for the day. While riding we saw the sights, ate turkish pizza, fed and cuddled the pidgeons, gaped at the canals, chilled on the roof of the YWAM mission, and then went clubbing. booya.

Today (day 4, Sunday) we woke up, walked late into church, visited a historic Holland village, and took pictures of huge windmills.

Tonight we're hopping on the overnight train to Munich!

Side Note: It was awesome seeing and experiencing things with Calley and liz. It was refreshing and now we share so many awesome new memories! I love them both very much. On a different note, hopefully as josh and I get more comfortable traveling we can start befriending random people. Keep praying that Jesus uses every second of our travels to teach us things and to plant seeds in others. Alot of people here don't even care about being "spiritual," and so I just pray that GOD can use my cowardice heart to at least shine for HIM with my actions.

Overall Feeling: good, tired, a little spiritually/emotionally empty, but excited and searching!

with much love,
drew


5 comments:

  1. Super glad you hit up Amster!! Know that even now you and Josh both are in my prayers... Sleep tight on that good ol train of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuz...so glad you came to Amster with me...it's always an adventure when we travel together, right. And what were you saying about clubbing? That must have been fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew,
    Glad you arrived safe and haveing a great time.
    Happy you saw Cal.
    Be safe.
    DCW

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, love it, love it.
    so glad you guys are doing this.
    I'm sorry I missed you before you left, but it's totally cool.
    can't wait to hear more.

    B-Aug...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drew, my friend, I feel your pain. I had to endure that "snoring symphony"(if you want to call it that) for a year. Oddly enough, I kinda miss it now. So in saying that, enjoy! :) lol
    Im glad your having a great time man

    ReplyDelete