Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

So...

This weekend I went on a safari. It was such a blessing to see this part God's amazing creation, after hearing soo much about Africa's brokenness, I don't know really... somehow it just really helped something inside of me. Plus, it was just a really fun and exciting time! Especially trying to follow lion sightings! But yeah, I was able to see alot of cool animals, and trees, and naturey things. (The picture at the bottom is of a waterfall, where the whole blue nile compresses into one 25 foot wide section... it might just be the birthplace of rainbows.)

Tomorrow I finish this semester in school. I have two papers to turn in lacking only conclusions. Crazy, but such an awesome feeling walking away from something, knowing that its done and you did alright. The classes this semester were really interesting and I'm thankful for everyone one. Especially my class on Faith and Action, as well as, Law and Christian Political Thought (that I had with 20 other of the nicest, engaging, and most tenaciously argumentative Ugandans that I've met here.)

In less than two weeks I'll be home, and I'm really starting to miss it now. I just can't wait to hang out with my two brothers, and reunite with family and friends.

The fact is that I'm really tired, mostly just emotionally and spiritually, but perhaps a tiny bit physically due to my salivary gland stone that I'm getting over. Yeah, look that one up! School is basically over though, and Saturday I move out from my host house to go on debrief. I think I'm really going to miss my host family, they've been soo good to me. Anyways, on debrief all the USP students will try to begin the processing process over a four-day intense/relaxing time. Then tuesday I'm off to london for a week.

Ok... thought for the day... "To disappear from the world as an object of interest… is the basic movement of the Christian life." (henri Nouwen in Compassion)

It seems intrinsically hypocritical to write a blog all about myself and post that quote... but hey! its a learning process coupled with an odd scenario.

I love you guys, and I have 13 days left on my little adcenture, so I'll see some of you soon!

Drew




2 comments:

  1. Your picture is amazing. SO pretty! It's a wonder the magnificent beauty that resides throughout God's creation.... I looked up the salivary gland stone thing :) Are you going to have to have it surgically removed? I'm getting more and more excited to see you! May God continue to bless your adventure... In Christ's love, LIZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am SO excited to see you. you have no idea. salivary gland stone? not sure if i'm that excited to see that. bleh.

    still praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete