Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stuck in the Middle

My Ugandan Semester is over, yet I'm not really home yet. I've spent the last couple of days in London and I won't get home til tuesday. So here I am, sitting in Matt Carney's dorm planning the day, waiting for us to walk 15 minutes to the nearest underground. Half of the warm clothes I'm wearing are matt's and my hair could be described as greasy at best. Sufjan Stevens is trying to convince me to have a good day via Itunes. I think he's going still my resistance.

The fact is the last couple of days have been weird, just running around and seeing the sights has significantly less appeal. Its been awesome I know its a blessing, but intimacy is just had to come by. We left our family (that the other students had become) and have not yet reached our own. On tuesday, I played frisbee on the beach. On Wednesday, I was in London. On Thursday I had a snow ball fight, and built a snow man. All the changes I think are wearing me out. Its strange though, I can't feel their weight. I just now I am a little aggravated for no reason. Today though I woke up with hope, Christ's freedom stills rests on me, and I feel it to a greater extent still more than I did before this semester.

So hopefully Christ will give me Joy today, I am determined not to let my emotions bring me down, and thanks to GOD's grace I can have the strength just to do that. Today we're going to Buckinghams Palace, and then after purusing for a bit, settling down in a pub, and watching the red army (manchester united, a football (soccer) club)

well guys, I come home on Tuesday and the adventure continues :). I'm definitely missing my family, friends, dog, and mexican food. The next couple of days will prob fly by, and for that I'm quite grateful. Don't worry though, I am trying to be all here! It is a blessing to be able to be here, and I don't take that for granted. I'm also just trying to be honest with you.

I love you guys so much, mostly just because you read my posts, haha %100 percent joke.
Peace,
Drew

3 comments:

  1. Personally, I like reading your posts Drew =) You are in my prayers friend. God knows you much better than I do though, including what you need most. He will continue to provide you with all you need, no doubt, for He is good and faithful. Trust; rely; depend; seek HIS face, HIS goodness, and HIS grace. In Christ's love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Friend,

    I don't have words to offer you, but I wanted to let you know I read and had something like the gut-feeling Nouwen talks about in Compassion. Hope you found Joy, and thanks for being honest. Praying for you and Josh and Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, drew! i completely accidentally came upon your blog!

    can't believe it. your mom is going to be soooo happy to see you!

    sunday is in madrid this weekend. in germany for the semester.

    blessings,
    lea helmerich

    ReplyDelete