Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Quick Update

Dear team (aka the people who read this),

We've been doing pretty good with this updates lately.  I write one summarizing what I've been up to. Then sometimes I write one about my latest thoughts or questions.  Thus, before I write another one about the stuff I've been processing, I wanted to give a brief update about what's happening.

First, my friend Aimee introduced me to a game called SpikeBall.  Its kinda like volleyball.   As you might surmise, I really enjoy it, and playing it helps me feel better about the fact that I've only been able to play soccer once while I've been here (tragic, I know.) This is a picture of us playing outside....


Second, this last weekend I moved in with an Ecuadorian family!  In my Ecuadorian family I have an older brother David (he's 29) and a Mama.   It is pretty much the chillest family you can imagine.  Most of the time I'm either home alone or just hanging out and eating with one of them.  I'll be living with them for the next month or so.  Most things about my semester changed when I came to live with them. For example, I now have at least an hour commute everyday to my internship site or to my classes.  Also, I've started to eat better again and will probably gain back the couple pounds I've lost. 


For real.  This family is just more evidence about how the Lord continues to provide for and bless me!

Sincerely,
Drew





No comments:

Post a Comment