Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Friday, November 13, 2009

This is it!

WOW!

Today is day 100. In the last century of days I have....

Met some cool people. Fo sho.

Had some cool experiences.

Read some books: Crazy Love, Primal Vision, The Shackled Continent, Bruchko (again), The Freedom of Simplicity*, Celebration of Discipline*, Compassion*, Rich Christians in an age of Hunger (well... kinda), and at least a decent amount Irenaeus to Grotius: a Sourcebook on Christian Political Thought. They were good. Especially the ones with *. Crazy.

Missed people, but sometimes have also been glad to have been away.

Seen a lot of things change and just had to trust GOD.

Appreciated facebook, loathed facebook.

Experienced lots of different emotions, often at the same time.

Seen aweful places (Rwanda, Dachau) enjoyed some incredible ones.

Learned, loved, and laughed.

Wanted to share a little Tolkien with you:

Not all that is gold glitters
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not whither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Decided that I'm pretty sure I'm returning to school in the fall, and that I might be returning to New Life as well.

but mostly, I have been blessed abundantly. GOD has unceasingly been present, always showing me His love and calling me to stop being such a ********* (ambiguous, non-specific curse word.) He is so good, and my words are undoubtedly insufficient, and unworthy.

With love, hope, and prayers,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment