Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Classes and The Vase

I realize that my post yesterday might have been a little weird, which is understandable because I was in a weird mood. Good news is that I eventually was able to sign up for classes, I got in the majority of the ones that I wanted! As of right now I'm taking a simple 13 hours, with one more possible credit coming. Currently, I'm all geared up to return back to JBU in the spring, something that was a little shady around departure time. One thing I've learned is that while location might be all important in real estate... it might not always be that central to following Jesus. Wherever I go I can have an adventure, loving a lonely person now seems a lot better/fulfilling than seeing the world just to have sweet stories. I think I mean that.

In other news, the 2/3 the way through semester death week is now over. Pretty much all I have left in school here is the 30-so pages of final papers that are coming up in a couple of weeks! haha.

My host family has really become comfortable to me, which is both awesome and a little worrisome since my intentionality has been slacking as of late.

Let's see here... Last night I wrote a poem. Its called The Vase... ch-ch-check it out!


The vase sits soft
On its marble stand,
Cutting white, splitting light
It sparkles ancient sand,
But move the vase
And time slows the fall.
It breaks and it makes me
Hide from its piercing call.
The Artist runs
Sliding still before,
His masterpiece broken
Twas perfect but no more.
His tears change me
As they fall, down His face
Hands and knees begin to bleed
As on the shards He lay.
The gentle eyes
With no surprise
Look about, seek me out,
I stand, tremble and fear.
The artist smiles
And Love pulls me forth.
Hand on hand, starts again
He Guides me and we work.


GOD is good.

Anways, I'm kinda missing home right now, while being content with being here. Seems like a decent state of mind to be in. Oh! And I've been thinking alot about realizing that its my responsibility this life... especially when it comes to love and following Christ. I can't ever blame anybody or anything else for why I didn't do what I should have. Following the call is a step in which only I can move my foot.

OK. I'll keep this short. I think I'll update on friday anyways... it'll be 100 days.

catcha later,
love
Drew

(Oh, and you might not want to send any letters after this week, there chance of getting here falls somewhere between sketchy and improbable!)

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear you're coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew, thanks so much for sharing your poem. It is a blessing to read and shines bright with the significance of Christ's love (well, as much as words can express that is). I've enjoyed keeping up with your blog! I miss you dearly, but I am so glad to hear of all that God is doing in and through you. In Christ's love.....

    PS. Rafting looks pretty awesome. And your beard looks so big! Are you participating in no-shave-semester or something? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, you hit the shaving the thing right on. He is commonly referred to as Moses. Mainly because the only visual people have of Moses here is Charlton Heston.

    ReplyDelete