Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

The Adventures of a Manboy and his Father

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hey world.

So.... the last ten days were quite an experience eh?

I moved to the border of Kenya (still staying on the Uganda side though) and lived with a family on Mount Elgon. My activities could be divided into three catagories... Picking coffee on the plantation, sitting, and eating... usually roasted corn.

haha. It was awesome... The view was amazing!! Hopefully, I can post pictures. I had 3 brothers, 2 cows, 3 goats, and lots of chickens. I would work soo hard during the mornings until the early afternoons and then just sit still the rest of the day, unless we went on walks through the village and visited people. When we would go on walks I would meet people who had never seen a white person before. Inexpressible.

Yesterday, we got to hike through these forests to these waterfalls and play in them. Honestly, I have never yelled and laughed and enjoyed myself as when we were playing for sooo long. We climbed down right under them and the blast would sometimes pin us against the rock and just beat us silly. AWESOME. Later last night I hung out with a random traveling Canadian named Tim. We played guitar and talked about life.

Oh, and I was able to practice being silent and still so much. There were times when I wouldn't be able to do anything for a couple of hours... And so I just sat. Often during these times GOD would question why I wasn't talking to HIM since I was so bored. Its weird to think that we spend so much time stressing and wondering and planning, and so little time talking it out.

Welp. I gtg. I love you cats. Crazy to think that I still have a month and a half left huh?

drew

1 comment:

  1. drew!
    that sounds incredible.

    oddly that's been something that's been on my mind lately. [finding God in the stillness, and waiting for Him to come]

    ReplyDelete